Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up review
500 MB available space
Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up Review
Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is an app designed by SquarePlay Games. Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up was first published on . Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is accessible for Steam, Other.
Every day, millions crowd the metro in a desperate bid to get to work on time. Can you build and run the perfect station to help them make it?
Overcrowd: A Commute 'Em Up is a management/tycoon/theme/simulator set below the bustling city of Lubdon Town.
- Deep Systemic Gameplay. Don’t be fooled by the cute pixel art. Beneath the hood lies a deep, systems-based simulation encompassing refuse, power and heat management, crowd control and a consumer-driven economy with stock and pricing.
- Replayability. Design your stations across a series of procedurally generated maps. No game is the same. Build a single station or a whole network. A daily challenge means there is always a new station to build.
- Spatial Design. Build your station 4 floors deep, using stairs, escalators and lifts to connect entrances to tracks in the most efficient layouts you can devise. Control the direction of commuters using the innovative crowd flow mechanic.
- Commuter Chaos. Contend with station-wide events from rat plagues to football matches. Watch out for vandals, hoodlums and norovirus too.
- Technology Procurement. Unlock the latest tech to pimp up your station! From turnstiles, tools and ticket machines to pharmacies, pubs, ponds and plants, make your commuters’ journey to work feel special.
- Staff Management. Hire rookies and level them up, or splash out on a master mopper, medic or mechanic. Use a job grid system to prioritise their tasks.
MORE REVIEWS"While the typical management game concerns of construction, purchasing items, hiring staff and keeping morale up are all present, Overcrowd is particularly interested in the people using your station, with an emphasis on managing the flow of the crowd"
"there are elements of Overcrowd that give the game a sense of frenetic energy ... but there’s always the option to press pause and adjust without the high stakes of time ... Overcrowd is a unique meditation on a space that is ubiquitous for many people"
"A good little early access management/construction game, cute as anything and much less casual than its' childish looks suggest ... already justifies its' price"